How to Add and Delete Dashboards
Dashboards are the 10-digit phone numbers used to send and receive texts through Text Request. You can have as many dashboards under one account as you like. Each additional dashboard effectively gives you an additional, fully customizable Text Request login (for a fraction of the cost of a new account).
Below we’ll explain more of what this means, show you how to add dashboards to your account, and give you recommendations on managing multiple lines.
Note, only Administrators can view the Dashboards menu option (visit our User Permissions page for more details).
How to Add a Dashboard to Your Account
Every Text Request account comes with one dashboard included. To add a second dashboard to your account (or a 10th, or a 100th), follow these steps:
1. Go to your Dashboard menu option. From here, you can manage all your numbers.
2. Click the Add Number button.
3. Give your new Dashboard a name to make identifying it easier (e.g. Support, Nashville Office, Karen, etc.), and click Next.
4. Choose whether you want to add a new number to your account or SMS-enable an existing one. In other words, choose whether to get a text-only number from Text Request, or to use an existing business number.
For more details, view our Types of Text Numbers page.
If you choose a new number…
5. Select the country you're in, enter the area code you’d prefer, and click Submit.
6. Choose a number from the list provided. If you don't like any of the options, select "Click to load more phone numbers" to refresh the list. Note, clicking Choose will purchase the number.
If you choose to SMS-enable a number…
5. Enter the phone number you’d like to SMS-enable (host), and click Check. This will confirm whether the number can be hosted in Text Request.
6. If the number can be hosted, send your number in an email to email@example.com. This will allow our team to get started on sms-enabling your number. You can also check the Auto-host box so any number you add automatically begins this process.
Alternative: If the number you enter cannot be hosted, choose to check a different number, or to get a text-only number from Text Request.
How to Edit and Delete Dashboards
You cannot edit any 10-digit text number, but you can edit a text number’s name.
Go to your Dashboard menu option, and click on the number’s name (under the Description column). Edit the name as you’d like, and click Save.
You can also delete the text number from this screen by clicking Delete and confirming. However, you cannot delete the number you're currently on, and your account must always have at least one active Dashboard.
Adding Users to Dashboards
Since each dashboard functions as a separate dashboard under your account, users need to be individually added to dashboards. The exception is Administrators. All account Administrators are automatically added to all dashboards.
Every Text Request account comes with one dashboard included. Additional dashboards will be charged to your account at the end of your billing period, based on your account plan for that billing period.
Charges are incurred for additional dashboards used at any time during a billing period. Additional dashboards are $10 across each plan.
For more details, view our Billing page.
Should I get another dashboard or a new account?
For some businesses, particularly agencies or those with multiple locations, this is an important question. Do you add a dashboard to your account, or get a whole new account?
There are several factors to consider, but they normally boil down to whether you want to use the same billing information or different billing information.
Additional dashboards are much more cost efficient than additional accounts, and easier for one or a few people to manage. But if you need to charge dashboards to multiple credit cards, you’ll be better off getting an additional account instead.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us.